Which Voice Actor will you choose? pt.2

The Tease

Seto Asami
For her role of Konatsu (Tari Tari)

I've never heard her anywhere else except for Rinne no Lagrange, but her role of Princess Laffinty doesn't really fit into this archetype. Well, her role of Konatsu isn't completely a tease either, but I find that her performance a step above Asumi Kana's, who had several good "tease" roles. I'll pray hard for some of these roles in the future.

Alternative: Asumi Kana (Tachibana Miya, Amagami and Nyaruko, Haiyore! Nyaruko-san)


Yukana
For her role of C.C. (Code Geass) and Cecilia (Infinite Stratos)

I do find Cecilia pretty annoying at times, but she does have the Ojou-sama flair that C.C. always projects. While perhaps both aren't true Ojou-sama(s), this is how I'd like my Lady/Princess character to sound like.

Alternative: Tanaka Rie (Lacus, Gundam Seed and Sugintou, Rozen Maiden)


Satou Rina
For her role of Misaka Mikoto (A Certain Scientific Railgun) and Tanamachi Kaoru (Amagami)

KugiRie? Pfffttt.

Along with Hirohashi Ryou, Satou Rina is my all-time favourite seiyuu, and consequently, Mikoto and Kaoru are among my favourite characters of all time. And it's not just limited to these two too, anyone she casts almost always becomes instantly likable. I love lively voices like hers, but she is perhaps the only one for me (or maybe also Inoue Marina) that can sound so distinct without feeling forced or exaggerated. It's particularly awesome when Mikoto goes into tsuntsun mode!

Alternative: Hikasa Youko (Hattori Junko, Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou and Seraphim, Kore wa Zombie desuka?)


Itou Kanae
For her role of Matsumae Ohana (Hanasaku Iroha)

Ohana is THE character that defined the plucky girl trope for me. Her personality, together with Itou Kanae's voice work, is perhaps what made her one of the most memorable characters there is. This had a lot to do with why I gave the "Best anime of 2011" spot to HanaIro. While I must say that the voice work is hardly a defining characteristic of the trope, and it's mostly Ohana's character design over Itou Kanae's voice work that puts her here, I guess she earned it.

Alternative: Ishihara Kaori (Kyouno Madoka, Rinne no Lagrange)


Itou Shizuka
For her role of Koko (Jormungand) and Kanzaki (A Certain Magical Index)

I never noticed how good Itou Shizuka was at doing these particularly dangerous characters until Jormungand. Or should I say, I never noticed how good she was at portraying the softer side of these characters, until Kanzaki Kaori became a complete fanservice character in Index 2. Having a complete badass like Revy is cool every now and then, but it's better to have an action girl with a appealing other side, and Itou Shizuka's is perfect for that.

Alternative: Hmm... Chiwa Saito? (Senjougahara, Bakemonogatari)


Nakahara Mai
For her role of "Watashi" (Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita) and Nagisa (Clannad)

Well, Nakahara Mai is amazing for many different types of roles, and I don't think she had a real kuudere role yet. At least, I haven't seen one. But seeing her cast "Watashi" in Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, I can't help but think that she's a perfect fit for a quiet, mellow character. Someone with a ton of monologue like Mayu in Morita-san wa Mukuchi would be perfect.

Alternative: Chihara Minori (Chiaki, Minami-ke and Nagato Yuki, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)

Who would you pick for these character archetypes?

(part 1)

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful, This is really amazing post regarding Certain Scientific Railgun anime. Its really superb and I am a huge fan of this nice TV show. I have just ordered this amazing anime series DVD at PIJ. I really happy.
    http://bit.ly/scientificrailgun

    ReplyDelete