First Impressions: Minami-ke Tadaima


I'm in the camp that only acknowledge this as the second season of Minami-ke. While I'm not completely wowed by the first season create by Daume, Asread's Minami-ke Okawari and Okaeri had a pretty shitty sense of humor, coupled with some of the worst animation I've seen. I've always missed Minami-ke's unique sense of comedy, and it's about time they brought it back.

I didn't have high hopes for Tadaima, because I'm mainly just hoping that they don't fuck this up too badly. And while I didn't have a very good impression of studio Feel... man, this season is simply awesome! Gone were are horrible acting and animation, and even the first season's awkward pauses. Within three episodes, Tadaima has already became one of the funniest, and cutest slice-of-life comedy I've seen.

I love the sisters of the Minami household. Touma, Uchida and Hosaka are some of my favourite characters too. Minami-ke has one of the most likable sets of characters out there, and it's just awesome to see them in the proper, beautiful form they deserves. This is going to be the best season of the title yet.

Outlook: Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment